Our goal is to build environmental literacy with educators and youth by engaging them in place-based learning, hands-on experiences connections to conservation in their community. HCTF Education supports educator and youth involvement in learning about BC’s biodiversity through the following program areas:
- WildBC: be wild (wonder, inquire, learn and do) about nature with our province-wide team of facilitators who deliver workshops, school programs and share their passion for learning, experiencing and caring for the natural world.
- GO Grants: Get Outdoor (GO) field trip grants to provide students with opportunities to spend time outdoors learning and experiencing BC’s biodiversity.
- Leap Grants: Leadership environmental action projects (LEAP) grants for high schools to support place-based learning in the conservation and stewardship of British Columbia’s biodiversity.
School and Partner Programs
- Environmental Exchange Box: a “pen pal” program that partners classes from different regions of BC to share and exchange information and leaning experiences about the biodiversity in their corner of BC.
- Wild Schools: a three year program for K-8 schools to support outdoor and place-based learning.
- Partner Programs: working alongside partner organizations (such as BC Parks) to provide educators with more learning opportunities.
Learning Resources and More
- Resource Room: an online environmental education store and resource centre for books, lessons, curriculum support, teaching kits and more.