*Updated March 31, 2020
It’s a challenging time for all of us in BC. The recent measures to stop the spread of coronavirus have impacted us all in different ways and keeping each other safe and healthy is top priority. With that in mind, HCTF staff are providing increased flexibility to reduce stress and support our grant recipients in completing their projects.
Here’s a summary of what we’re currently doing to help. We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and adapt as needed.
For current Enhancement & Restoration, and CHRF grant recipients:
- We’ve extended the deadline for applying for a current-year contract extension to April 30, 2020. If recent events mean you’re no longer able to complete your project prior to March 31st, 2020, please submit a contract extension request using the instructions here. Similarly, if you now need to change part of your currently approved project for 2019-20, please send us a project change request form by following the instructions here.
- We’ve extended the deadline for submitting grant reports. We have automatically extended this year’s deadline for submitting grant reports to June 30th, 2020. You do not need to apply for this extension. Please note: if you’re able to submit your report prior to the usual April 15th deadline, we highly encourage you to do so! This will allow us to get you your final payment sooner, by cheque or electronic fund transfer (New! – contact us for more information)
For current Fisheries O & M and Quality Waters grant recipients:
- We’ve extended the deadline for submitting grant reports. We have automatically extended this year’s deadline for submitting grant reports to June 30th, 2020. You do not need to apply for this extension. Please note: if you’re able to submit your report prior to the usual April 15th deadline, we highly encourage you to do so! This will allow us to get you your final payment sooner, by cheque or electronic fund transfer (New! – contact us for more information).
For recipients of recently approved (fiscal 20-21) Enhancement & Restoration, Stewardship, or CHRF grants:
- We will accept contract extension requests now for recently approved enhancement & restoration, stewardship and CHRF projects if project leaders already know they will need to defer their project for a year due to impacts to the spring field season, etc. We recognize you have other priorities right now so there is no rush to submit these requests: HCTF will accept contract extension requests up until February 15, 2021. However, we recognize it may be helpful to have some certainty sooner given the other uncertainties you may be facing.
- HCTF will accept project change requests throughout the year if you need to make modifications to your approved 2020-21 proposal.
- Staff are available to review responses to funding conditions. Some recently approved projects have funding conditions that need to be fulfilled prior to entering into a conditional grant agreement with HCTF. Though we’ve adjusted our work arrangements to keep staff and others safe, we will continue to review your responses to project funding conditions so you can confirm your grant as soon as possible.
- Grant recipients can electronically sign and return their grant agreement without leaving home. New for this year, HCTF will be sending out all Conditional Grant Agreements via email to e-sign and return electronically using DocuSign. If you would prefer to sign a paper copy of the agreement and return via post you can find the form below;
For recipients of HCTF Education Grants (GO Grants, Leap Grants):
- 2019 GO Grant February and September reporting can be submitted up until April 15th.
- 2020 GO Grant recipients have been sent an email outlining options for deferring your grant.
- 2019 LEAP Grants reports can be submitted up until July 15th. For those whose projects were still in process please contact the HCTF Education office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
*For organizations planning to apply for a Habitat Acquisition Grant:
- Given the uncertainty that is expected to continue over the next few months, HCTF is taking a conservative approach and will delay funding decisions for our Habitat Acquisition Grant until our fall Board meeting scheduled for October 2-4, 2020. As a result, the deadline for submitting habitat acquisition grant applications has been extended to Friday, July 17th, 2020. If proponents have already prepared applications, they may be submitted early but please note that our review process won’t start until the summer. Proponents will be notified of funding decisions shortly after the fall Board meeting.
For individuals/organizations planning to apply for a Public Conservation Assistance Fund (PCAF) grant:
- We’ve extended the application deadline to June 15th, 2020.
Contacting our Staff
HCTF staff continue to be available to process payments, answer application questions and assist with the administration of current grants. As most of our staff are now working remotely, we suggest contacting team members via email rather than telephone for a faster response (our staff directory is available here). We are currently receiving a high volume of enquiries and are prioritizing responses: rest assured we will get back to you as soon as possible. We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt as needed. Thank you for your patience during this challenging situation.