HCTF Education’s Environmental Exchange Box Program is a place-based learning program. Classes are paired up from around the province to explore, learn and share about the biodiversity of their local places and then share their learning with each other through a class to class exchange.
What is an exchange box?
The exchange box is a physical box that participating classes will receive when you sign-up in the Environmental Exchange Box Program. What is put into the “exchange box” depends on the creativity of your class but here are some ideas:
- Plant rubbings-bark, leaf, stem
- Poetry, stories
- Models of things found in nature
- Video or presentations
- Newspaper articles
What is included in the Environmental Exchange Box program?
- An Exchange Box will be provided to each participating class. Each box contains information and resources to get you and your class started on explorations of your local place(s).
- Support from a WildBC Facilitator.
- The Exchange Box Program offers free mail and shipping options.
- Open to K-9 classes in B.C.
- Get outdoors to explore and learn about your local place(s).
- Create contents for the exchange box.
- Exchange and share with your partner class! Complete a minimum of one exchange with your partner class. Earn free HCTF Education resources the more exchanges you complete
- Complete a Teacher to Teacher feedback form after the exchange
- Share about your exchange on social media, photos or video with us.
APPLY HERE by October 1st 2022
- You will be notified when we find a partner class.