Leadership Environmental Action Project (LEAP) grants for BC High Schools
to support student learning and experiences in conservation and stewardship of British Columbia’s biodiversity.
LEAP into conservation with your high school science students through place-based learning projects that focus on monitoring, restoring and or conserving BC’s biodiversity.
How to Apply:
- Be a B.C. high school teacher with a science, environmental learning and or career course focused on providing students with opportunities in environmental/conservation sciences. This could include specialty science courses as well as other ways of knowing our connections to the natural world.
- Grants up to $5,000 available.
- Apply online by May 15th.
- Applicants will have one full school year to complete the project.
What is eligible for GO Grant funding?
- Transportation costs for field trips.
- Field equipment for project work.
- Field leaders for training sessions or mentoring with projects.
- TOC costs and/or time to support teachers in planning and preparing for projects.
- Training sessions or certification workshops for teachers and students in science protocols or practices e.g., Stream Keepers, Wetland Keepers, etc.