HCTF offers education grants to support opportunities for BC youth to learn, experience and connect to our natural world.
GO Grant funding covers:
- Transportation to field study location: bus, train, boat or mileage
- Outdoor field trip equipment
(e.g. dip nets, hand magnifiers, etc.) or habitat stewardship project materials (e.g. native plants, student gloves for planting)
- Outdoor field trip leader, secondary school (grades 9-12) teacher on call costs and/or program fees
- Grants for individual class and/or requests of $600 or less
- Grants for individual K-12 classes for up to $600
Key grant criteria:
- Conducted outdoors in a nature setting
- Focused on learning about BC’s fish, wildlife, habitats or biodiversity
- Linked to curriculum
- Hands-on or experiential for students
- Planned with before and after extensions to the trip or project
- K-12 classes are welcome to apply
How to Apply:
- Application deadlines
- February 1st
- September 1st
- Applications are submitted through our Survey Apply online application system. Click here to Apply
- Please read our criteria in our About section of the GO Grant web area before you apply or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Important information
- Only K-12 classes or schools in BC can apply. We no longer accept district-wide applications.
- Only one field trip request per class will be considered for grants. Exceptions include those requests for project materials and used for multiple trips ( e.g. Forest Fridays or Wednesday Walking Nature hikes) or as funds are available each funding cycle.
- One GO Grant per school year will be awarded. Successful applicants will need to wait until the following school year to reapply.