The Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation (HCTF) is looking for an experienced, dedicated, and knowledgeable individual with expertise in fish and wildlife management to join our Board of Directors. The Board is looking to broaden its collective experience by including Indigenous perspectives, increasing Board diversity and fisheries knowledge.
HCTF is a non-profit foundation administering a broad range of conservation funds and granting programs that benefit fish, wildlife, and their habitats in BC. HCTF has a long history of supporting important fish and wildlife projects in all regions of British Columbia. Since 1981, HCTF has invested over $206 million in over three thousand projects. Conservation surcharges on angling, hunting, trapping, and guide outfitting licences provide the primary source of revenue with additional funding sources including government contributions, court awards, and donations.
We are looking for a board member to be part of our Board of Directors to:
- Establish strategic objectives and a performance management framework;
- Establish priorities, consistent with the Trust’s purposes, to approve funding grants;
- Ensuring accountability and that appropriate controls are in place regarding administrative, financial, and scientific/technical performance of the Trust;
- Review funding opportunities, policy changes, and other opportunities that will further the objectives of the Trust;
- When possible, promote Foundation and Trust activities at stakeholder events, media outlets, and other communications venues.
The HCTF Board of Directors is comprised of members appointed by the Minister overseeing the Wildlife Act, the British Columbia Wildlife Federation, the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia, the British Columbia Trappers Association, and up to seven additional ‘At-Large’ members. A Board member’s term of office is up to 3 years.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Dan Buffett (HCTF CEO) by 4:30 pm on June 6, for further inquiries, contact Dan Buffett by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: 250-940-9788